Vision, Mission, Values & Goals
To be a premier health sciences institution, contributing to global health through leadership, collaboration and social responsiveness.
The Faculty of Health Sciences’ mission is to promote health equity through promoting health professional standards in the delivery of quality health care; educating health professionals, educators and scientists for life; and undertaking research relevant to the needs of our country, the African continent and globally.
In all our teaching, research, health care and social responsiveness we strive to be:
- Guided by high ethical and professional standards;
- Informed by evidence;
- Committed to the principles of respect for human rights and human dignity; and
- Led by the values of quality care, health equity and social justice.
In our practice, we will aspire to the following Characteristics:
- Adaptability to change;
- Collaboration and partnership.
The Goals of our Faculty are to:
- Respond to the health care needs of South Africa;
- Produce and support health practitioners and scientists capable of addressing health need;
- Promote a spirit of enquiry; and
- Contribute to global health equity.
In pursuit of these goals, the objectives adopted are aligned with the broader goals of the University, and with the mandates of higher education, science and development. In particular, they also align with the requirements of the health sector in the region, the Country, the African continent and globally.