UCT Australian Trust
The University of Cape Town established the UCT Australian Trust as an international office in Australia in 2011, with the appointments of Lenore Plummer as Chief Executive Officer and Ruth Thornton as Alumni Relations Manager.
Alumni chapters are being established in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide. The objectives of the alumni chapters are to:
- Organise successful events that foster professional and social contacts amongst alumni of the University of Cape Town;
- Expand the database of UCT alumni residing in Australia;
- Promote the University of Cape Town, its faculties, staff, students and alumni;
- Raise funds for the University of Cape Town Australian Trust
Benefits of Alumni participation
- Stay in touch with fellow alumni who shared the UCT experience
- Stay abreast of UCT developments on the global front
- Give back to the organisation that fostered your career
- Make use of business networking opportunities
- Assist South Africa achieve its educational objectives
The objective of the Trust is to raise funds for health and educational social justice initiatives initiated by UCT to empower South African communities rise above poverty. A full list of Trust objectives can be found at www.ucttrust.org.au.
Donating to UCT from Australia
We are pleased to announce that tax deductible donations may now be made to UCT from within Australia. This follows the establishment of an account within APHEDA (Australian Charity Union Aid Abroad), which is accredited by AusAid to transfer development funds overseas.
If you'd like to take advantage of this development, you can make a donation in one of the following ways:
- By credit card using the donation form. Ensure that UCT is nominated as beneficiary.
- By cheque, made out to "APHEDA-UCT Australian Trust" and sent to the following address:
Level 3, 277-283 Sussex St
- By contacting APHEDA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 61 02 9261 1118.
In addition, please contact Lenore Plummer with the details of your donation, including the UCT area you wish to support. Lenore is also available to answer any queries you may have about tax deductibility, the UCT Trust's fundraising priorities or the donations process.