10 year - Class of 2002
Date: 16 - 18 November 2012
Our reunion plans have come together so that this will be our final notice before we meet in November. All the relevant reunion information that appears on this form, will be given to you at registration at the cocktail party on Friday, 16 November. Your reunion folder will contain maps to the venues, final reunion social programme etc together with your receipt for tax purposes. The registration fee covers operational expenses and your registration pack as well as your class photograph that will be sent to attendees after the reunion has taken place. Please note that your payment will secure confirmation of your booking.
It is not too late to join in the festivities so, if you have not yet returned your form, please do so now. As you can see on the attached form, we should have a good turnout and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone. The deadline is 15 October, but it would be useful to hear from people well before the deadline to get an idea of numbers to help with the planning.
Please note the following:
- Spouses/partners are welcome to attend all of the functions, and are especially encouraged to attend the dinner and family picnic
- Parking will be reserved at medical school for the Friday cocktail function. The entrance to the parking area is immediately above Medical Residence on the road leading off the traffic circle at the top of Anzio Road immediately below the freeway off-/on-ramp. At the booms, please give your name to the officer on duty
- Registration will take place at the cocktail party in the foyer of the Wolfson Pavilion (glass drum building). Substantial snacks will be served and all drinks will be served via a cash bar. Dress: smart casual
- One registration fee will be levied per class member (including their partner/family); this will cover operational expenses, your registration pack as well as your class photograph that will be sent to attendees after the reunion has taken place
- If you are unable to register on the Friday, you will be able to pick up your folder at the dinner on Saturday evening
- We are planning to invite some of our favourite lecturers to the cocktails – please list, in order of preference, who you would like to see at the function – see page 2 of the Registration form
- Tour of the Bo-kaap – see the attached leaflet for details
- Dress for the gala dinner in Smuts Hall is jacket and tie and you will be permitted to park outside the building. The meal will be served buffet style and is Halaal friendly. Please indicate whether you have any specific dietary requirements on page 2 of the Registration form. All drinks will be available from the cash bar and Professor Tim Noakes will be our guest speaker
- The class photograph will take place at 19h15, before the commencement of the dinner, in the courtyard at Smuts Hall – please make sure that you arrive on time!
- Entrance fee into Kirstenbosch Gardens (R42 for adults and R10 for children 6-17 years) - for your own account on the day. However, if you are a member of the Botanical Society, please remember to bring along your membership card
- The meeting place for the family picnic (park at the top entrance - upper tea room) will be on the lawn at the bottom of the stairs – after the cheetah, cross the path, we will be under the trees, next to the stream. Call one of us if lost (Alan Rogers 083 547 6109 or Alwyn Rapatsa 072 264 5492). Bring your own picnic basket and blankets or order through the Kirstenbosch Tea Room or telephone 021 797 4883
- Centenary memorabilia will be on sale at registration at the cocktail party – this will be your only opportunity to purchase so please remember to bring cash with you! See attached brochure
- VERY IMPORTANT: When making your payment via bank deposit or EFT, please remember to fax a copy of your remittance slip to the alumni office or, if paying by credit card, remember that we cannot process your payment without your signature
P.S. Medical 10 Race – If you are in Cape Town on Sunday, 25 November, the 34th Medical 10 Race will be run in the leafy streets of Rondebosch. This is your opportunity to participate in a fantastic annual event in this special centenary year. Starting at 6h30 with the oldest runners and the walkers, it is a 10 kilometre race. The cut-off time is very generous so, even if 10 kilometres is too far to run, it could be a good excuse to walk off the excesses of the previous evening’s dinner. The race starts at the new Western Province Cricket Club Sports Complex (off Avenue de Mist). Life Healthcare is the major sponsor. Your entry fee will be used to support Die Eilandhuis, a home for the disabled in St Helena, and the Faculty’s Students in Distress Fund, to financially assist students with emergencies.
Please liaise direct with Mathilda Mallinson on telephone: +27 (0)21 506 5333 or fax: +27 (0)86 677 4837 for entry forms and queries which will be available both printed and on email.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again.
Should you have any queries, or require additional information, please let us know.
Alwyn Rapatsa, Alice Buchanan (Penn)v and Alan Rogers