15 year - Class of 1998
Date: 22 - 24 November 2013
Our reunion plans have come together so that this will be our final notice before we meet in November. All the relevant reunion information that appears on this form, will be given to you at registration at the cocktail party on Friday, 22 November. Your reunion folder will include maps to the venues, the final reunion social programme and your receipt for tax purposes.
It is not too late to join in the festivities so, if you have not yet returned your forms, please do so now. As you can see on the attached form, we should have a good turnout and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone. The deadline is 15 October, but it would be useful to hear from people well before the deadline to get an idea of numbers to help with the planning.
Please note the following:
- One registration fee will be levied per class member (including their partner/family); this will cover operational expenses, your registration pack as well as your class photograph that will be sent to attendees after the reunion has taken place. Please note that your payment will secure confirmation of your booking.
- Parking will be reserved at medical school for the Friday cocktail function. The entrance to the parking area is immediately above Medical Residence on the road leading off the traffic circle at the top of Anzio Road (immediately below the freeway off-/on-ramp). At the booms, please give your name to the officer on duty
- Spouses/partners are encouraged to attend both the cocktail and dinner functions (no children). You are welcome to bring your children to all the other functions, especially the family picnic
- Registration will take place at the cocktail party in the foyer of the Wolfson Pavilion (glass drum building). Some of our old professors and lecturers have also been invited. Substantial snacks will be served and all drinks will be served via a cash bar. Dress: smart casual
- If you are unable to register on the Friday, you will be able to pick up your folder at the dinner on Saturday evening
- Owing to lack of interest, we have decided to cancel the Bo-Kaap tour on Saturday morning. Rose Mulder will be in touch with you separately should an alternative event be arranged
- Dress for the gala dinner in Smuts Hall is jacket and tie/suit and you will be permitted to park outside the building. The meal will be served buffet style and is Halaal friendly. Please indicate whether you have any specific dietary requirements on page 2 of the Registration form. All drinks will be available from the cash bar
- The class photograph will take place at 19h15, before the commencement of the dinner, in the courtyard at Smuts Hall – please make sure that you arrive on time!
- Entrance fee into Kirstenbosch Gardens (R45 for adults and R10 for children 6-17 years) - for your own account on the day. However, if you are a member of the Botanical Society, please remember to bring along your membership card
- The meeting place for the family picnic (park at the top entrance - upper tea room) will be on the lawn at the bottom of the stairs – after the cheetah, across the path and we will be under the trees, next to the stream. Call one of us if lost (Rose Mulder 083 661 0905 or Donne Swift 083 319 7500 or Mark Hewat 084 337 1663). Bring your own picnic basket and blankets or order through Kirstenbosch Tea Room – www.ktr.co.za/menus.html or telephone 021 797 4883
- Reunion booklet (see page 3 of the registration form) – we urge you to take the time to fill in the form if you have not already done so, regardless of whether you are coming – deadline for submission of forms is 15 October
- VERY IMPORTANT: When making your payment via bank deposit or EFT, please remember to fax a copy of your remittance slip to the alumni office or, if paying by credit card, remember that we cannot process your payment without your signature
We are really looking forward to seeing you again.
Should you have any queries, or require additional information, please let us know.
Rose Mulder, Donne Swift and Mark Hewat
P.S. The 35th Medical 10 Race will be run on Sunday, 24th November in the leafy streets of Rondebosch. This is your opportunity to participate in this fantastic annual event. Starting at 6h30 with the oldest runners and the walkers, it is a 10 kilometre race. The cut-off time is very generous so, even if 10 kilometres is too far to run, it could be a good excuse to walk off the excesses of the previous evening’s dinner. The race starts at the new Western Province Cricket Club Sports Complex (off Avenue de Mist). Life Healthcare is the major sponsor. Your entry fee will be used to support Die Eilandhuis, a home for the disabled in St Helena.
Please liaise direct with Mathilda Mallinson on telephone: +27 (0)21 506 5333, fax: +27 (0)86 677 4837 or email for entry forms and queries which will be available both printed and on email